Robert DeBry


CALL OR TEXT NOW: (801) 888-8888

Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry

What To Do If You Get Into An Accident With An Uninsured Motorist

You have gotten into an accident, and you may want to call a personal injury attorney right away. If you need legal assistance or legal advice, contact Robert J Derby and Associated for assistance. Before you do, however, you should first take a few things into account. Whether or whether no the other diver is insured. If you are the uninsured or underinsured party in this situation, you may have to get a few things in order as well.

What To Do

If you get into an accident and the other party is uninsured, you should call your insurance company. By contacting your insurance company, you ensure that you cover all of your legal bases and may not need to pay anything out of pocket. In the case of personal injury to yourself, you will need to contact a personal injury lawyer as well. If your injuries are serious or dire, you will need to contact emergency medical services for immediate medical attention.

According to, the risk of getting into an accident with an uninsured driver may be higher in different areas. Suppose you live in a place where the statistics for this to happen is higher than usual. In that case, you may want to contact your insurance provider to ask about uninsured motorist coverage or UM coverage. According to, a legal encyclopedia, some states won’t allow you to go over $75,000 in total car coverage, so technically, you can’t have UM insurance over $75,000. If you live in a state such as this, you can either ensure your UM coverage is as high as it makes sense to be or contact a personal injury lawyer for legal advice.

There isn’t much of a difference between getting into an accident with an insured diver or an uninsured driver. The most important thing is to make sure you’re adequately covered for the area you reside in. If your insurance company cannot help you with uninsured motorist accidents, you should then contact a lawyer. If you need a lawyer, call Robert J. Derby and associates for help.

About the Author:

Leave A Comment