Texting while driving is an increasingly prevalent concern in the US. which can seriously impact you or your loved ones. A survey by The Zebra in January 2021 indicated that 23.6% of respondents admitted texting while driving. The survey includes the following 2021 texting and driving statistics:
- Cell phones are one of the major causes of distracted driving, causing thousands of deaths and tens of thousands of injuries annually in the US.
- The United States Department of Transportation notes that sending or reading a text can take your eyes off the road for up to five seconds. This equates to driving the length of a football field when traveling at 55 mph.
- An article by msn.com declares that texting while driving has the same effect on your senses as consuming four beers before driving, making you 20 times more likely to be involved in an accident.
- It is estimated that 1 in 4 car accidents in the US are the result of cell phone use
- Accidents involving the use of a cell phone have increased every year since 2010
Being involved in a car accident can affect your life in many ways. The laws are complex, especially when you need to be more focused on recovery and getting your life back on track. Engaging a car accident attorney will help in these trying circumstances.
The services of a car accident attorney from Robert J DeBry and Associates can provide the help you need at this time. They will assist you by investigating the accident, collecting the evidence required, and taking care of your dealings with insurance companies.
Engaging a car accident attorney from Robert J DeBry and Associates will ensure you receive fair compensation for your damages, injuries, and costs. Get in touch with them for help in all legal aspects of car accident compensation.