Robert DeBry


CALL OR TEXT NOW: (801) 888-8888

Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry

Personal Injury Claim vs. Workers’ Compensation

Are you the victim of a workplace accident or personal injury that occurred during the workday?

If so, then you might be wondering what next steps you should be taking. If you’re not sure of the next steps to take, contact a personal injury attorney at RJD and Associates!

An injury at work might be a regular occurrence that no one can do much to control – think of a splinter on a construction site or a scraped knee while loading boxes onto a truck. There’s nothing a company can do to keep a secretary from getting a paper cut. However, serious personal injuries occur due to a company or employer’s negligence all the time. It can be easy for employees not to realize that they’re entitled to compensation beyond normal workers’ compensation.

When To Contact a Personal Injury Attorney

If you know for a fact that you weren’t at fault in your workplace accident, then contact a personal injury attorney right away. Personal injury lawsuits can’t be filed unless the victim wasn’t at fault. Well, they can be filed, but there’s little to no guarantee they’ll win. In other words, if a worker is injured due to an employer’s negligence, that employee can file a lawsuit that has a pretty good chance of winning.

What is Workers’ Compensation?

Workers’ compensation refers to the payouts that companies will give employees that suffered injuries that weren’t anybody’s fault in particular. Like the examples we listed in the opening paragraph, sometimes accidents occur that aren’t anybody’s fault – they just happen. In these cases, all that needs to be proven is that the employee suffered their injury while on company time. Usually, the accident has to occur while they were working. If you’re on your lunch break and you scrape your knee, the accounting firm probably isn’t going to pay any compensation out.

If you have questions about whether you should collect compensation or call a personal injury attorney, reach out to us at Robert J. Debry & Associates.

About the Author:

Leave A Comment