Cycling is becoming a prevalent clean means of transportation, especially in Utah. However, as the number of bikers on the road increase, the number of road accidents also increases. Such accidents can leave bikers with severe injuries, and in extreme cases, the loss of life. Robert J. DeBry & Associates has dealt firsthand with various cases relating to bicycle accidents.
Below are bicycle safety tips when riding in Utah:
As a regular bicycle rider, your safety and the safety of those around you begins with you. This starts with practicing basic safety practices. Some of the vital safety measures that can go a long way in saving your life include:
- Wearing bright clothing such as reflectors so that other road users easily spot you
- Positioning lights at the front and back of your bicycle to increase visibility as you cycle at night
- Avoid any distractions while riding – this includes using your mobile phone or headphones
- Follow the rules of the road by adhering to all road signs and signals
- Maintain a safe riding distance from the traffic ahead as you cycle
- Avoid getting too close to other road users and keeping a safe distance from parked vehicles
- Communicate with other road users by using the appropriate hand signals for turns and halts when cycling
- Wear the correct protective gear. This includes a helmet, elbow and knee guards, cycling gloves, and shoes. This gear will help protect your body from a severe physical injury if you collide with a motor vehicle or hit the ground.
Contact Your Expert Accident Lawyer in Utah After a Bicycle Accident
If you happen to get into a cycling accident, an attorney will come in handy. Robert J. Debry & Associates is here for you whenever you need an accident lawyer in Utah. We’ll help with your legal needs and give you the time you need to heal from your injuries. Call us today at 1+(801) 699-9999.
Leave A Comment