Contact a Car Accident Lawyer
If you have been in a wreck with a commercial vehicle (big truck, bus, delivery truck), what you do next is crucial. If you’re hurt, call for medical attention right away. Next, you’ll need to focus on hiring a car accident lawyer so you can take legal action.
Steps After a Truck Accident
- Don’t leave the scene. In some states, you’d be in big trouble if you left the scene of an accident. It’s effectively called a hit and run. So, stay at the site until help arrives, and law enforcement has a chance to see the impact of the vehicles. However, if you need to move your car, take pictures first.
- Call 9-1-1. Your safety is highly important. Call 911 as soon as you can to get the ball rolling so you or anyone at the accident site can receive medical care.
- Check For Injuries. Accidents involving semi-trucks or commercial vehicles often involve non-commercial vehicles. Concentrate on your safety and well-being, but if you see anyone else who needs attention or a car accident lawyer, do what you can to help until the first responders arrive.
- Take Photos, Videos & Audio for Evidence. Pictures can tell a story–words can’t. Photographs or videos are your best evidence.
- Exchange Information. You’ll need to get essential information from the other driver. Get their name, address, license plate number, and insurance carrier. However, this information should be on the police report.
- The Less You Say, The Better. You may or may not have been at fault, but you should never admit that until you speak with your attorney at Robert J. Debry & Associates. The mind has a way of playing tricks on you when you’re excited. You can give an account of events to the officer without admitting any fault of your own.
- Speak With a Reputable Car Accident Lawyer. You should have an experienced accident lawyer. Don’t fight with the insurance company on your own.
- Report Accident. Each state has its laws on how to report a car accident. Know what yours are and follow the proper procedures.
For more information, visit debry2021.wpengine.com today!
Leave A Comment