If You’ve Been in a Car Accident, Contact Our Car Accident Attorneys
Driving under the influence of alcohol hinders judgment, cognitive functions and can result in serious road accidents. Drunk driving not only makes the person incapable of driving safely but can be the cause of fatal accidents as well. If you find yourself in an accident resulting from drunk driving, don’t hesitate to contact Robert J. Debry & Associates. Equipped with a team of accomplished car accident attorneys in Utah, we can legally assist you in acquiring the rightful compensation that you are entitled to.
What are the Implications of Impaired Driving?
The ramifications of intoxicated driving are dreadful and, sometimes irreversible, ranging from monetary fines to severe car accidents. Several people die every year in drunk driving crashes, and many get injured to the point of disability.
The consequences of drunk driving span the financial, emotional, legal, and medical aspects of a person’s life, such as:
- Minor or major car crash
- Suspension or invalidation of driver’s license
- Hefty monetary penalties or fees
- Court conviction and probable jail time
- Soaring insurance premiums
- Confiscation of the vehicle
- Installation of an ignition interlocking device
- Death of driver, pedestrian, or another driver
Take these Simple Steps to Avoid Driving after Drinking
It is always advisable to follow the safety tips against drunk driving:
- It is preferable to arrange a cab or ride home if you are going out for drinking. Another option is to designate a friend to drive for the return trip.
- Avoid consuming alcohol on an empty stomach. Keep snacking or drinking water to dilute the effects of alcohol.
- Always keep yourself updated on the drinking and driving laws of your state. In most states, 0.08% blood alcohol concentration (BAC) is considered a legal limit.
- CDC has outlined some preventive strategies against impaired driving that the states can adopt to reduce drunk driving.
These strategies include:
- Drunk driving laws
- Sobriety checks
- Ignition interlocking system
- Police patrolling in common crash areas
- Alcohol screening, assessment, treatment, and educational programs
Get in Touch with A Car Accident Attorney.
Contact us to obtain experienced assistance related to any alcohol-impaired driving incident and receive the compensation you deserve. Our car accident attorneys are the best in the business, and we can help you every step of the way!
For more information, visit our website today!
Leave A Comment