Robert DeBry


CALL OR TEXT NOW: (801) 888-8888

Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry

What If the At-Fault Driver Does Not Have Insurance?

When there is an accident, the police assess the accident to determine the driver at fault. What happens when you realize the driver at fault has no insurance? Or, upon calling their insurance company, the recipient says the driver has no policy with the insurer because of cancellation due to non-payment?

Below are the two main avenues for compensation in such a case.

Using Your Underinsured/Uninsured Motorist Cover If You Have One

If an underinsured or uninsured driver causes damage to your vehicle or injures you, the insurance cover can help pay for the expenses you may incur, provided you have it. A car accident attorney from Robert J. DeBry & Associates may help you with compensation after an accident.

Utah does not require you to purchase the insurance cover. A car accident involving an underinsured or uninsured at-fault driver is frustrating, and you should hire a car accident attorney to help you in filing a claim. However, Utah Law requires that every car owner have Personal Injury Protection. The cover pays for lost income, medical costs, and other expenses if you get injured in an accident regardless of the person at fault.

The insurance company will require proof of injury, damage to the vehicle, and medical treatment. If you feel like the insurance company is devaluing your claim, you must retain a car accident attorney. Robert J. DeBry & Associates attorneys have the experience of negotiating with the insurance company, and, in case the insurer is uncooperative, they can prosecute a suit against it.

Suing the At-Fault Driver

Utah does not require underinsured or uninsured motorist cover, meaning most drivers will not have it. If you do not have the coverage, the other option is suing the at-fault party. A car accident attorney can guide and assist you in suing. You want the best results possible, and one could benefit you. The goal here is to get compensation for your damages caused by the accident, and our car accident attorneys at Robert J. DeBry & Associates help make it happen.

If the at-fault driver has no car insurance, you need to know what to do if the at-fault driver. Robert J. DeBry & Associates is here to help you if you suffer a car accident and need legal help. 

About the Author:

Leave A Comment