Robert DeBry


CALL OR TEXT NOW: (801) 888-8888

Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry

What do I do if I Get Hurt at Work?

What is my first step?

The first thing you need to know if you are injured at work is that you must report the injury to a supervisor as soon as possible to be compensated. Written claims will be helpful in the future. Once your supervisor has this, they have seven days to complete a ‘First Report of Injury form and submit it to the Utah Labor Commissions Division of Industrial Accidents.

Your employer is also obligated to contact their insurance provider with the information regarding the injury. 

Contact a doctor next. Then, submit a ‘Physician Initial’ Report of Injury or Illness’ to the Industrial Accidents division. If you want further advice, contact a personal injury lawyer such as Robert J. DeBry & Associates. You can also find more information here.

How do I file a workers’ compensation claim?

First, you must inform your employer of the intent to claim. They must offer you a claim form immediately. Until completed, your employer is under no obligation to provide you with any benefits if they can’t, or don’t, directly contact your state Workers’ Compensation Office, which can be located through the Work Place Fairness site’s state government agencies page.

Only complete the employee section, and be sure to sign and date it, as well as keep your copy before returning it to your employer. They will then complete the “Employer” section and forward the claim to their business’s compensation insurance company. The lawyer should provide you with a copy of the completed claim form. The insurance company then has 14 days to mail you a letter regarding the status of your claim.

Contact a personal injury lawyer if your employer or the insurance company fails to provide any of the above or your claim is denied. For the state of Utah, a good choice is Robert J. DeBry & Associates.

About the Author:

Leave A Comment