A passenger’s or driver’s wish is to get to their destination safely when behind the wheel. Utah Safety has invested in traffic and safety programs in the last 80 years, reducing collision-related injuries, preventing traffic crashes, and minimizing fatalities on Utah roads. Further, the Utah Safety Council’s Traffic Safety Programs along with Utah a car accident attorney offer resources and education to businesses and community members that help in improving driver behaviors.
Utah’s Safety Council’s Traffic Safety Programs include:
- National Safety Council Defensive Driving programs
- Tow Truck Driver Certification
- Utah Network of Employers for Traffic Safety Program.
The Transportation and Division’s role is to facilitate a safe and efficient multi-modal transportation system to ease the movement of people and goods. Although we support zero fatalities, accidents are inevitable. The best way to ensure that a victim is taken care of is by visiting speaking to a car accident attorney at Robert J. DeBry & Associates to make sure that you are well represented. Moreover, we also support the Utah Strategic Highway Safety Plan by focusing on these strategies to improve traffic safety on the roads.
- Enforcement: Unfortunately, despite the best safety education programs and safely designed and built roadways, enforcement is needed to remind people of the laws associated with the use of our roadway network.
- Everyone: No matter how hard we try to engineer the roads so people can get to their destinations safely, or how hard we try to educate everyone about safe traveling, the ultimate responsibility rests upon everyone who travels our roadways. We all need to work together if we are going to reach Zero Fatalities.
- Engineering: The focus on safety within engineering begins with designing and building safe roadways.
- Emergency Response: Swift response from emergency teams can save lives.
- Education: Education plays a crucial role in helping the public understand what they should and should not do when driving.