Robert DeBry


CALL OR TEXT NOW: (801) 888-8888

Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry

Reasons Your Back May Be Hurting After A Car Accident 

After getting into a car accident, you may suffer from immediate or delayed aches and pains. More often than not, your back will or neck will take the brunt of your injuries. Understanding why this is happening and what to do when it can help you in the long run. If you need a personal injury attorney, contact Robert. J Debry and associates for assistance.

Why Your Back Hurts

According to, your back may be hurting because of whiplash. Whiplash is one of the most common forms of the end, neck injuries involving car accidents. Whiplash occurs when your head jerks forward and backward in a whip-like fashion. When your neck is moved aggressively or violently, it causes the many tendons and muscles in your neck to become strained or damaged. The tendons and tissues in your neck are meant to keep your head and spine stable while leaving room for flexibility. This allows your head to remain stable while also moving and turning it at will. When you keep your head in one position and then move involuntarily, it can train and damage the tendons set in place yet aggressively moved. Suppose you or a passenger has experienced this kind of neck and back injury in the aftermath of a motor accident. In that case, you will need to contact a personal injury attorney to ensure you are properly compensated for this injury.

Other Back Injuries

According to, other back injuries include thoracic spine injuries, lumbar spine injuries, spinal cord injuries, and herniated disc. Some of these injuries can be life-threatening and debilitating. Injuries that occur near the spinal cords are some of the most serious ones. Thoracic spine injuries are also severe. This is due to fractures that may occur in your rib and chest area, near the upper back.

Car accidents are serious matters. If you or a passenger were injured due to a car or motorist accident and need a personal injury attorney, contact Robert J. Debry and Associates for legal advice and assistance.

About the Author:

Leave A Comment