Robert DeBry


CALL OR TEXT NOW: (801) 888-8888

Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry

How to Submit a Car Accident Report in Utah

A police officer in Utah will fill out a car accident report in Utah. However, you may need to fill out one as well. It depends on Utah’s state law if it’s a requirement for you. It is essential to know if it’s necessary and how you go about the process. Robert J. DeBry & Associates, car accident lawyers, has the answers.

General Information

In Utah, police officers will make an accident report automatically as part of their duties. Remember that the officer may not always file a report because of the damage and injuries. These factors also affect whether you need to file a report or not.

In Utah, the drivers and other people involved in an accident may need to file an accident report. The report is a requirement if you feel the property damage from the accident is over $1,500. Most accidents require an accident report when you think about the cost of newer vehicles.

As car accident lawyers, we’d also like to note that an accident report is essential if there was anyone in the accident who sustained an injury or died. We’d also like to mention you need to remain at the scene of the accident until law enforcement arrives to assess the situation and complete an accident report if one is necessary.

Filing and Submitting a Report

File a report as soon as possible. If you hit a parked vehicle, always leave a note with your information. Contact law enforcement then and let them know about the accident.

Your report should include information about the date, time, and location. It should consist of information about what happened and the damage or injuries.

You can then speak with law enforcement about what happens with your report. If we need it, we can obtain it.

If you were recently in a car accident, contact Robert J. DeBry & Associates at 801-888-8888.

About the Author:

Leave A Comment