With a new year comes new possibilities. Many of these are good, but some can also cause problems. For example, some of the new things that you encounter in the new year will bring about the possibility of personal injury and the need for a law firm in Utah.
Essentially, a personal injury lawsuit takes place when one person may be legally responsible for the injury or accident of another. Typically, the responsible party’s insurance company will have to cover the expenses incurred by the injured party due to the injury.
Types of Personal Injury Cases
There are several different types of personal injury cases for which you might need a law firm in Utah. Some of the types of personal injury situations are as follows:
- Motor vehicle accident. This is one of the most common types of personal injury cases, and it typically involves being injured in an auto accident due to another person’s negligence.
- Medical malpractice. People can become injured when medical professionals don’t properly perform their duty to treat their patients.
- Wrongful death. Unfortunately, people sometimes die due to others’ carelessness, commonly seen in auto crashes.
- Slip and fall cases. Sometimes, people can suffer injuries because of the negligence of those supposed to manage properties. Often, the defendants in these cases are landlords and property owners.
- Workplace mishaps. Many personal injuries occur in the workplace. However, most of the time, people will file workers’ compensation claims rather than personal injury lawsuits against their employers.
- Defamation. It is not only physical injuries that can constitute personal injuries. Defamation is slander or libel that can end up injuring your reputation. In these cases, if someone says something about you that is not true, this can constitute a personal injury.
Of course, it is ideal if you can avoid personal injury entirely. However, since this isn’t always possible, it’s good to have a talented personal injury attorney on hand. You can find a wonderful personal injury attorney with the law firm in Utah, Robert J. Debry & Associates. Contact (801)699-9999 if you need assistance with a personal injury case.