Every day, there are truck accidents that cause injuries in the US. There are approximately 130,000 people who suffer from truck accidents every year. At Robert J. Debry & Associates, we can help you understand the claims process work with commercial trucks. Here are the steps that you can expect with filing a claim.
Can I Claim a Truck Accident Claim?
There are experienced truck accident lawyers that give free consultation on a claim. Our truck accident lawyer at Robert J. DeBry & Associates can help you determine if your claim is worth going forward. Read on below to see the standard claims process for trucks.
Standard Truck Accident Claims Process
- Sign a written agreement: The agreement will have an acknowledgment that a legal relationship with your lawyer has started. It will also state the disclaimers, terms, and fees that all the parties agreed on.
- Communication with other parties is to be done through your lawyer: Only two reasons you will speak to the insurance company. That is, to report an accident and give out your lawyer’s contact information.
- Evidence Collection: All police and accident reports may be collected. This includes documentation, pictures, and witness reports.
- Injury Demand Letter: This letter will now be delivered to the insurance companies involved. It will detail the accident’s impact on the victims, physically and financially.
- Negotiation: A negotiation can generally be reached with a claim. With a truck accident lawyer, you are likely to receive the maximum compensation.
- Trail: If negotiation cannot be reached, a trial is the next step.
Do I need a truck accident lawyer?
Victims can file claims themselves and go from there. But it’s recommended that a truck accident victim have an experienced lawyer. Why? Lawyers can help get the maximum compensation. They can also help you navigate through the legal complexities and help ease a lot of stress.
By hiring a truck accident lawyer from Robert J. Debry & Associates, you can expect support and dedication to your case.