Robert DeBry


CALL OR TEXT NOW: (801) 888-8888

Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry

Can I be Compensated for a Burn Injury?

In 2016, hospitals in the United States admitted about 460,000 patients with burn injuries resulting from car accidents, insecure premises, or defective products. Some were due to chemicals, fires, or electricity. Some individuals lose their lives in the process, while others sustain temporary and permanent wounds, which require comprehensive medical care. If you’ve suffered from a burn injury, you may want to consider hiring a personal injury attorney to help you file a claim. 

Based on the extent of an injury, burn injuries are classified into three types, first, second, third, and fourth-degree injuries.

First-degree injuries are the least severe burns, affecting the top layer of the skin, and are accompanied by moderate pain. Second-degree burns may be relatively severe and affect the inner layers of the skin. They can result in skin infections without immediate treatment.

Third-degree burns are more severe as they may leave the affected individual with permanent scars, which may require skin grafting. Burn injuries that cause damage to bones or muscles are considered fourth-degree burns. Although less common, such injuries may require medical treatments, including surgery or amputation, if they happen.

If you have suffered burn injuries due to someone else’s negligence, you have a right to file a personal injury claim. You can work with a personal injury attorney to help you get the compensation you deserve.

What to Claim When Filing a Burn Injury Complaint

Suppose you’re a victim of a burn injury due to someone’s recklessness or negligence. In that case, you’re entitled to get compensation for losses incurred as a result of the injury and during the recovery process. Such losses may include immediate and long-term medical treatment to restore damaged skin tissues.

You can also get compensation for economic damages for loss of a job or wages due to permanent injuries that hinder you from working. You can also claim for non-economic losses such as emotional turmoil and suffering caused by such injuries. A personal injury attorney can help you with the case to ensure you obtain full compensation.

A Personal Injury Attorney You Can Trust

At Robert J. DeBry & Associates, we offer legal representation for comprehensive personal injury cases. If you or a family member has suffered burn injuries, our lawyers can help you obtain compensation for emotional and financial damages the right way.

By |2021-06-09T17:22:52-07:00June 2nd, 2021|Uncategorized|0 Comments

About the Author:

Leave A Comment