What should you do if you’re involved in a car accident? But what should you do if it occurs? Since a car accident leaves you with high medical costs and vehicle damage, you should engage a car accident lawyer to assist you. Consider the following reasons to hire a lawyer:
- Provide professional advice: A lawyer is quite knowledgeable about personal injury law. At Robert J. DeBry & Associates, we help you understand the laws concerning your specific situation. For example, the statute of limitations and comparative fault on a personal injury claim.
- Investigate and collect evidence: You need supporting evidence to receive compensation for medical expenses and other losses. You will need proof that shows the other driver was liable for the accident. Lawyers work with investigators to collect evidence, such as footage from the crash, eyewitnesses’ statements, and police reports. They then compile the evidence in your insurance claim to hold the responsible driver liable.
- Determine the value of compensation: The amount of compensation depends on the seriousness of your injuries and damages. Monetary compensation amount may change over time during the medical treatment process. Your lawyer ensures you receive proper compensation depending on your medical bills, car repairs, lost income or wages, and pain and suffering.
- Prove liability: A successful car accident lawsuit mainly depends on proving liability in court. Hire a lawyer from our law firm, Robert J. DeBry & Associates. A lawyer helps prove the liable party owed you a duty of care. The party at fault breached this duty. Due to the breach of duty, you sustained injuries and experienced loss.
- Handling insurance companies: Another reason to get a car accident lawyer is that they help you handle insurance companies. They negotiate with the insurers on your behalf to reach a suitable compensation offer. An experienced lawyer protects your interest during negotiations.
- A lawyer’s knowledge of deadlines is a good reason to have a car accident attorney. Lawyers file and submit claims on time. Each state has a statute of limitations when filing personal injury claims. Your lawyer knows all the time limits concerning your claim.
- Filing a court case: When out-of-court negotiations fail, a lawyer helps you seek justice in court. They allow you to file your lawsuit and submit the necessary documents. The available evidence got presented to ensure you receive full compensation.
Hire a Car Accident Attorney
If you’re involved in a car accident, hire a car accident lawyer. At Robert J. DeBry & Associates, we have years of experience assisting victims of car accidents to pursue financial compensation. Contact us today for a free consultation.