Robert DeBry


CALL OR TEXT NOW: (801) 888-8888

Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry

What to Do When Involved in an Accident Out of State

Car Accident? Hire a Car Accident Lawyer

Getting back on your feet after an accident can be challenging. It might be even more complicated if you have had an accident out of the state. Different states have varying laws that dictate what to do after an accident and the process of filing a claim. Fortunately, most insurance companies have similar rules across the board. The compensation amount will be affected by the circumstances surrounding the accident and the state’s insurance liability limits. If you’ve been in a car accident out of state, consider hiring a car accident lawyer. 

Here is what to do after an accident:

Seek Immediate Emergency Assistance

You may not be familiar with your location when an accident happens. Therefore, you must call for emergency help as soon as possible. Call 911 for ambulance services and police assistance. It is also good to notify your car accident lawyer about the crash.

Take Images of the Scene

Make sure to take images of the crash scene. If the accident involves other parties, get their names and contact information. Do not just rely on the police to get all the witnesses and their accounts of the events that led to the collision. Finally, obtain the insurance information of other parties, contact your insurance provider, and get a copy of the police report.

The Process of Filing a Claim

According to Robert J. Debry & Associates, there are two types of states regarding insurance claims; no-fault and tort states. Your insurance provider pays your medical claims and damages in a no-fault state, even when the other party is at fault. Therefore, the process of filing a claim could be similar to that of your home state.

In a tort state, you have to pursue compensation from the party at fault. So, you need a car accident lawyer to help you file a claim or a suit if the other party does not accept liability. The compensation depends on who is at fault and the amount covered.

In both cases, carry a copy of the police report, witness contacts, and medical bills to your car accident lawyer to help build your case. Never accept liability at the scene of the collision.

Choose a Car Accident Lawyer from Robert J. DeBry & Associates today!

We’re here for you. Let us help you get the compensation you deserve. Visit our website for more information.

By |2021-04-06T13:59:41-07:00April 11th, 2021|car accident lawyer|0 Comments

About the Author:

Leave A Comment