Robert DeBry


CALL OR TEXT NOW: (801) 888-8888

Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry Robert DeBry

My Child was Injured in a Car Accident – What Should I Do?

When driving with their children, most parents will be careful to make sure their child is safe. They will pick out the right car seat for the child, buckle them in, and teach them the rules of the road while they get older. But when your child is injured in a car accident, seek car accident lawyers’ help to handle the case.

Who is Liable?

The party who is liable will depend on the situation. If another car hits you during the accident, you may need to file a claim through the other party’s insurance. If something does not work within the vehicle during the accident and causes more injuries, it may be the car manufacturer’s fault.

Car accident lawyers will help determine who is at fault and can help you through the whole personal injury claim process to protect your child.

Filing a Personal Injury Claim

Children under the age of 18 cannot file a personal injury claim on their own, even with car accident lawyers. However, their parents or guardians can file a claim for their child though. This statute of limitations for these accidents will be extended for most minors. They can file a claim on their own once they turn 18 or extended two years after the injury is discovered. This makes it easier for the parent or the child when they turn older to file a claim if the injuries are found later on.

Choose Robert J. DeBry & Associated Car Accident Lawyers

At Robert J. DeBry & Associates, our car accident lawyers are here to help. We understand that a car accident can be a traumatizing experience, and we can walk you through the claims process to ensure you get the compensation you deserve. 

Contact us today to get started!

By |2021-03-31T14:09:32-07:00March 12th, 2021|car accident lawyers|0 Comments

About the Author:

Leave A Comment