Workplaces can have certain risks such as hazardous materials, heights, inclined surfaces, or heavy machinery that pose a constant threat to workers’ safety. The results of work-related accidents include property damage, work loss, and lawsuits for employers. Moreover, an employee and the employer must take adequate precautions that ensure workplace safety. The risk of having an unexpected work accident is never zero, but you can take specific measures to diminish it, including having a personal injury attorney.
Follow these guidelines to avoid work-related accidents:
- Personal protective equipment
- Appropriate use of personal protective equipment reduces the risk of injury and protects against accidents. Some examples of PPE are gloves, safety goggles, coveralls, safety caps, etc.
- Education and training
- Management staff and employees must have an awareness of job site hazards, safety procedures, and guidelines related to it. These include job hazard analysis, safety training courses, and regular briefings.
- Notice and report danger
- Whether it is an unsafe work practice or dangerous equipment, an employee must alert supervisors who should safely resolve the reported issue. The employee can contact a personal injury attorney in case of negligence or an accident.
- Signs and indicators
- Employers should display proper signs for dangerous areas and safety procedures in prominent sections of the workplace to avoid any accident.
- Safety plan development
- Planning and implementing a safety program for the company limits the risk of workplace accidents. It is essential for the administrative staff and workers to be acquainted and well-trained in this plan. The safety policies should be monitored, reviewed, and updated regularly.
What to do if an accident occurs:
Therefore, a non-serious injury should prompt the management to alter the company’s safety protocols accordingly to prevent similar incidents in the future. In the case of a more severe accident, the injured party can seek assistance from a personal injury attorney regarding the legislation related to a workplace accident.
Contact a Personal Injury Attorney
Thus, Robert J. Debry & Associates is a personal injury attorney team who helps the victims of accidents resulting from another party’s negligence.
Leave A Comment