CALL NOW: (801) 699-9999

Zantac User? Click Here.

So You Got Hurt at Work. Hire a Personal Injury Attorney!

Hiring A Personal Injury Attorney After A Work Injury

When you suffer a workplace injury, the pain and anger that comes with it can be overwhelming. Therefore, you must try as hard as you can to remain calm and be conversant with what needs to be done to ensure that you get the necessary medical treatment and compensation through Worker’s Compensation. If you do not know where to start, you can consult a personal injury attorney, such as Robert J. Debry & Associates. 

At Robert J. Debry & Associates, we recommend the following steps;

Step 1: Seek Treatment

If you have sustained an injury at work, you need to focus on your health first. Therefore, you should obtain first aid and seek medical attention immediately. 

However, you need to ensure that the health care provider you choose is authorized by the office in charge of worker’s compensation in your state. But suppose your employer is authorized to participate in an Alternative Dispute Resolution program or a Preferred Provider Organization. In that case, you may have to seek treatment from a participating medical services provider.

Step 2: Inform Your Supervisor

Once you have sought a doctor’s attention, you need to notify your supervisor about the injury as soon as possible. If you fail to do so within the time stipulated in your state’s law, you can end up losing your right to Worker’s Compensation benefits. Depending on your state, the deadline is between 10 and 90 days after the accident.

Step 3: File the Worker’s Compensation Claim

Once you have notified your supervisor about the injury, your next step is filing your Worker’s Compensation claim. This simply involves completing the relevant forms and mailing them to the office in charge of worker’s compensation in your state. Again, this has to be done within the timelines specified by the laws regulating worker’s compensation in your state. Working with a reliable personal injury attorney can help you ensure that your claim is filed on time.

The Bottom Line

As you can see, if you have sustained an injury at work, then you may be entitled to worker’s compensation. However, you can lose your right to compensation if you miss an important deadline. But by working with a reliable personal injury attorney, such as Robert J. Debry & Associates, you can ensure that everything is done according to the law for you to get the compensation you deserve.

By |2021-02-24T16:40:53-06:00January 5th, 2021|Uncategorized|0 Comments

About the Author:

Leave A Comment