At Robert J. DeBry, our Utah incident lawyers value education and serving the community. In an effort to alleviate some of this financial stress, we are pleased to be offering $2,500 scholarships to individuals who are currently attending or will be attending college.
With a commitment to higher education, the staff at Robert J. DeBry & Associates have decided to offer an ongoing scholarship to help alleviate the rising costs of education. For the Spring 2021 semester we have narrowed the scholarship to Utah based Institutions. If you are attending a Utah college and are from out of state, please feel free to apply.
Robert J. DeBry & Associates will be awarding the scholarship once per semester for both the Spring and Fall semesters, every year, with the following deadlines for submission:
Fall Semester: August 15th
Spring Semester: December 15th
Write a 350-500 word essay about one of the following topics:
- Car accidents caused by distracted driving from smart phones, navigation, etc.
- Car accidents related to drowsy driving
- Motorcycle accidents related to distracted drivers or limited visibility
- Workplace accidents and what can be done to avoid them and improve safety
- Defective drug injuries, why they happen and what can be done to avoid them
- The dangers cyclists face on the roadways and how drivers can improve awareness
- Wrongful deaths related to fire arms
- How drivers can help avoid accidents with pedestrians and what pedestrians can do to be safe
- Accidents caused by driving under the influence, how we can teach young adults to avoid them
- How can we improve our roadways to make them safer and reduce accidents
- Crosswalk safety for pedestrians, especially children, and how to avoid accidents
All currently enrolled college students who are attending a college in the state of Utah are eligible to apply for the scholarship. Winners will be asked to provide proof of enrollment.
$2500 is offered per semester.
Scholarship Terms and Conditions:
By submitting your essay, you afford all rights of ownership of your essay to Robert J. DeBry & Associates, regardless if you are selected as the scholarship recipient or not. We reserve all publishing rights of the aforementioned essay. We will only use your contact information for awarding the scholarship and will not share your information with any 3rd parties. The winner for the fall semester will be chosen and awarded before December 14th and the winner for the spring semester will be chosen and awarded before April 14th. Winners will be announced through our social media platforms unless the winner requests otherwise.
Please do not call or send a message through the chat feature, all scholarship inquiries and questions must go through the scholarship form.
Fall 2020 Winner:
Derek was the winner of the Fall 2020 $2500 Robert J. DeBry Scholarship.
Spring 2020 Winner:
Yosra was the winner of the Spring 2020 $2500 Robert J. DeBry Scholarship.
Fall 2019 Winner:
Cassy Maxvill was the winner of the Fall 2019 $2500 Robert J. DeBry Scholarship.
Spring 2019 Winner:
Alyssa Ardai was the winner of the Spring 2019 $2500 Robert J. DeBry Scholarship.
Fall 2018 Winner:
Bailey Walker was the winner of the Fall 2018 $2500 Robert J. DeBry Scholarship.